- Compiling and comparing the different national funding systems and sources will help to analyze and potentially improve the individual procedures.
- Inventory of large equipment can elucidate the
infrastructure for different areas of life science
(e.g. NMR, microscopy).
Scientists can be provided with information on expertise and facilities for given equipment/techniques.
- Exchange of expertise for reviewing processes when national experts are few or conflicts of interest seem unavoidable.
- Establishing access rules for facilities across borders.
- Scientific workshops on cutting-edge techniques providing information on the pros and cons can guide the strategy/policy of the national funding bodies.
- Fast access to new technologies.
- Joint user workshops with scientists, manufacturers and funding organisations accompanying the installation of new instruments for overcoming unforeseen obstacles and for exchanging (technical) experience.